Website Cutting Edge Recruitment
Top for Hospitality Jobs & Staff
The Head Chef will be responsible for planning, organizing and leading the Kitchen Department according to company, local, and regional policies and standards. Reporting directly to the Executive Chef, the Head Chef is highly operational and not opposed to being in the kitchen and managing the flow of service.
In addition to managing teams, seasonal menus, events, and ensuring overall cleanliness and the highest health and safety standards in food handling, the Head Chef is responsible for preparing and maintaining the kitchen budget with the General Manager and Executive Chef. A successful Head Chef leads a successful team, works well under pressure, owns the overall kitchen budget, and implements systems to increase revenue streams.
Head Chef Main Duties:
- Oversee Back of House (BOH) operations team including but not limited to recruitment, on-boarding, disciplinary procedures, staff appraisals, and training.
- Ensure that health and safety policies are always adhered to and implemented.
- Delegate tasks to team and complete daily checklists that support anticipated business levels, production, a-la-carte orders, special requests, events, and dietary restrictions.
- Responsible for educating and training staff on safe work habits and proper processes as well as procedures if encountered with a dangerous or unsafe situation.
- Enforce processes to run an effective and efficient kitchen while maintaining the highest-level of standards and food quality.
- Work with the Executive Chef to purchase and produce top-quality food to create seasonal menus, and maintain recipes, pictures, and specifications.
- Ensure teamwork and synergy exists between the front and back of house staff through proper communication and delegate tasks well to ensure smooth service and kitchen operations.
- Share the overall responsibility of proper storing procedures, food orders, food cost, equipment, sanitation, and hygiene to company and local standards.
Head Chef Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 4+ years experience working in a similar business, with consistent and stable experience.
- Inspiring leader and operational Chef with proven experience.
- Culinary-trained professional who is passionate and curious to develop and grow as a Chef.
- Experienced managing labor, purchasing, vendors, and quality control while providing results in revenue.
- Well-versed and timely email etiquette as well as good written and verbal communication.
- Experienced in training, leading, executive production and a-la-carte dining experiences.
Follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn for new jobs updates
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.