Cutting Edge Recruitment (Velo-Citi Ltd) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1.1 In order to provide a better service to you, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our sitewww.cuttingedgerecruit.com(our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information at other times, for example in connection with a promotion or when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
1.2 We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary. However a copy may be archived indefinitely.
2 Uses made of the information
2.1 The purposes for which information may be used by us in and outside Hong Kong include:
- ensuring that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- providing you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- complying with laws in or outside Hong Kong.
- legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts.
- notifying you about changes to our service.
2.2 We may conduct direct marketing via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication or send e-newsletters to you. You may choose not to receive promotional materials, by simply telling us (see below for contact details), and we will cease to do so, without charge.
3 Disclosure of your information
3.1 We will keep the personal data we hold confidential but may provide information to:
- personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services
- our overseas offices, affiliates, business partners and counterparts
- persons under a duty of confidentiality to us
- persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws in or outside Hong Kong
- actual or proposed transferees or participants of our services
3.2 We cannot control how third parties use information.
4.1 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
4.2 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6 Data transfers
We will generally hold your data on our servers in Hong Kong. However we may transfer it to our overseas offices elsewhere in the world or to any people listed at paragraph 3 above, who may be located elsewhere.
7 Your consent and rights
7.1 By using our service, making an application or visiting our website, you consent to the collection and use of your information and other activities as outlined in this Statement.
7.2 Under the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, individuals have the right:
- to check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data
- to require us to correct inaccurate data
- to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of personal data held by us.
7.3 Please send requests to access or correct data, to cease communications, and questions or complaints to:
Cutting Edge Recruitment
7.4 We may charge a reasonable fee for processing a data access request.
8 Governing law and jurisdiction
Last updated: 25 May 2015