This position supports the kitchen function, and supervises defined sections within the SBU.
To assist the kitchen in the daily preparation and service of food, ensuring that the highest standards are maintained at all times.
To ensure that all kitchen equipment and utensils are always kept in good working order and presentation to the standards required by the Restaurant.
To continuously develop and train employees.
- Designated sections of the kitchen are to be managed and maintained to Brand and Company standard across all disciplines.
- Ensure all section menu items are prepared to Brand standard.
- Work in close liaison with all sections of the kitchen to ensure efficient service.
- Supervise the relevant sections as directed by HC / SC and ensure all items served meet Brand standard.
- Coordinate and communicate with HC and SC regarding any food quality issues, system deficiencies, or employee concerns.
- Ensure all equipment is working to the standard required by the business and if issues are found that they are reported.
- Control costs without compromising standards..
- Ensure section inventories are maintained at appropriate business levels, and managed appropriately and safely in line with best practice.
- Monitor and account for food wastage within the active inventory system.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly administration is to Company standards and meets set deadlines.
- Ensure the kitchen uniform and personal hygiene requirements are adhered to of all staff members.
Health & Safety
- Ensure rigorous and continuous adherence to HACCP, Food Safety, and Health and Safety guidelines as defined by the Company and / or local law throughout the SBU.
- Report and deficiencies to HC, SC
- Ensure developed recipe standards are maintained through effective training.
- Communicate with and interact with BOH team, and other sections within areas of responsibility to maintain effective business performance.
- Attend and participate in regular team briefings, and proactively contribute to content
- Internationally recognized Degree or Diploma
- Minimum of 3 years, experience, with particular focus on brand-relevant cuisine.
- Clear communication skills must be evident
- Is a role model to all staff and is able to assist in training of employees within the business.
- Is required to set the example of skills needed for the Brand.
- Microsoft Office Suite – Basic